Prerequisites for IOS App
About App - Metadata
- APP NAME ( UNIQUE ) - (not able to change later)
- SKU String ( UNIQUE ) - (Only for identification not visible in App Store)
- BUNDLE ID ( UNIQUE ) - (not able to change later)
- Primary Language
- Support URL
- Marketing URL
- Promotional Text ( Short Notes about App)
- The primary (and an optional secondary) category
- Description ( Description About App)
- Copyright (Copyright Name) - (Registered Company Name)
Representative Contact Information
- Representative Name
- Phone and Email
- All Prices and Currencies
For Paid/B2B Apps,Price Schedule
- Available with a volume discount for educational institutions (Offer your app at a discount to education institutions when they purchase multiple copies of your app. For more information, see your iOS Developer Program License Agreement in Agreements, Tax, and Banking.)
- Available with no discount
- Available privately as a custom B2B app (Offer your app at a discount to businesses when they purchase multiple copies of your app. For more information, see your iOS Developer Program License Agreement in Agreements, Tax, and Banking.)
- Describe price details and subscription info in Screenshots
- Describe Price Information in App store content
- Show list of features and price in Purchase Screen
- Should verify purchase details in users Apple ID
Screenshots and Icons
- Required screenshots (Minimum - One)
- 1024 * 1024 Logo Icon ( No Transparency)
- Screenshots must be in the JPG or PNG format, and in the RGB color space. App previews must be in the M4V, MP4, or MOV format and can’t exceed 500 MB.
- For iPhone, screenshots for 6.5-inch iPhone Xs Max and 5.5-inch devices (iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus) are required. These screenshots will scale down for smaller device sizes.
- For iPad, screenshots for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) are required. These screenshots will scale down for smaller device sizes.
- App preview is optional
- Upload screenshots as they are, with no modifications. The rounded corners will be automatically applied after upload.
- If you add text descriptions to your screenshots, keep text away from the corners to avoid cropping.
- Leave the home indicator in the screenshot, if it’s visible.
Sign-In Information - For Apple Testing
- Username & Password (Actual Application username and Password, Which username has rights to access for all screens and API Calls)
- Developer First name and Last name
- Developer Mobile Number
- Developer email
[GUIDELINES] Be Careful About, Your application:
- shouldn't crash
- shouldn't use private APIs instead of Apple API
- shouldn't replicate the functionality of native applications
- should use In App Purchase for in-app (financial) transactions (for buy/sell)
- shouldn't use the camera or microphone or storage without the user's knowledge
- should only use artwork that is your copyright or that you have permission to use
[GUIDELINES] App Store Guidelines & App Rejection
One of the biggest reasons for rejection is objectionable content. No matter how slick or functional it is, your app will be rejected if it contains offensive and improper content.
Some examples of objectionable content include:
- Any kind of bigoted, racist, sexist, or homophobic references
- Sexual or pornographic material
- Comments inciting religious intolerance
- Erroneous and false information
Other major pitfalls for app rejection include:
- User-generated content: These types of apps present challenges ranging from intellectual property infringement to anonymous bullying.
- Physical harm: Your app cannot behave in a way that risks physical harm to the user.
- Developer information: Apple wants to ensure that users who download your app can reach you with questions and support issues.